Tips to Follow When Hiring a Luxury Car with Chauffeur in Heathrow
A taxi ride in the United Kingdom can be either a pleasant experience or a nightmare. If you
are visiting the UK for the first time, you are likely to be a little apprehensive about hiring a
taxi. In this post, we will provide you with a few tips which you could keep in mind when
hiring a luxury car with chauffeur in Heathrow so that you can have a very pleasant
Some cab rides might go wrong, but in most situations, you are likely to have the best
experience. However, it is not wise to take a chance. Therefore, the factors you must consider
prior to hiring a cab are:
- Find out if the company you have chosen is licensed to provide the service. If the
company has the required license, you can be sure that it is a legitimate taxi service
provider. This is because they are bound to comply with some governmental
regulations to receive the license.
- Ascertain the reputation of the luxury chauffeur service you are planning to use. This
means that you should do some background research. Go through online customer
reviews and then make an informed decision.
- It is very important to find out if the luxury car hire service offers the service you are
looking for, especially if you have some specific needs. This is because all companies
do not offer all the services.
- You should have the best experience, but that doesn’t mean that you should pay
through your nose for the same. Therefore, the best option is to shortlist a few luxury
car-hire service providers and choose one that offers you the best deal.
- If you are short on time to do a search and find the best taxi company, you can
enquire with the locals as to the charges for your destination and how much you
should pay as a tip.
- Call a company that offers luxury car hire with chauffeur service instead of hailing a
taxi. This is because some cab drivers are known to steal from their customers in
collaboration with thieves.
- If you have consumed alcohol in excess and are travelling alone, avoid hiring a taxi as
the risks involved are very high. Many drunken passengers have been overcharged,
harmed, or even killed.
- Always choose to occupy the backseat. You are safer there, especially when travelling
alone because you will not be very visible either to the driver or others who pass by.
This makes it a little difficult for them to find out whether you are a gullible person or
- Avoid using your mobile phone while you are on the street waiting for your cab, as it
makes you an easy target for thieves. While you are inside the vehicle, keep the
windows rolled up when you use your mobile phone. It also pays to put other valuable
items like cameras in a bag and keep them under your feet.
- You must look out for suspicious things in the luxury chauffeur driven car that you
hire at Heathrow. The taxi you hire must have both a metre for determining the trip
charges and a radio for communicating with the dispatchers. If the cab does not have
these things, avoid getting into the vehicle. Furthermore, the driver should have a
badge. Avoid using the taxi if the driver is unable to show you the badge.
- Before settling down in the back seat, ensure that the car’s interior door handle is
- Never board a taxi if there is another person other than the driver inside. A taxi ride is
intended to be personal.
- Remove all your belongings before making the payment. Some cab drivers forget to remind you and may drive off with your bags.
In the normal case, you will experience a pleasant luxury car ride at Heathrow. Unfortunately, anything can go wrong at any time, and it is absolutely important to exercise a great deal of caution when hiring a luxury cab at Heathrow.